At the Grand Lodge of Connecticut Annual Communication on April 4th, 2011, a dispensation was granted for the formation of Quinta Essentia Lodge. This dispensation is the product of two years of hard work by brothers in the Southern Connecticut Region to create a European Concept Lodge. These brothers have been meeting as a dinner club during these two years and discussing their plans for the formation of a new lodge. The structure and format of the lodge is similar to Lodge Vitruvian and other highly successful European Concept Lodges.
- Meetings and festive boards will take place at a local restaurant with high quality food in a private dining space, instead of a Masonic Building.
- The lodge will meet only six times a year and each meeting will be an outstanding event.
- Every lodge meeting has an accompanying cocktail hour, festive board and open discussion topic during the dinner.
- Our discussion topics are typically philosophical in nature.
- We require excellence in dress. All brothers are required to dress in tuxes or dark suit and dark tie. Lodge paraphernalia will exemplify simplicity in an effort to symbolize the equality of our brotherhood.
- The dues structure of the lodge will be significantly higher than most blue lodges.
- There will be no long introductions of past masters, officers from other lodges or appendent bodies. The only brothers to be recognized are the District Deputy, the Grand Master and his suite.
- The lodge will never have a large, inactive membership. Brothers are required to regularly attend meetings unless there an acceptable reason not to attend determined by the Worshipful Master. Brothers who do not regularily attend will be required to demit and join another lodge. We will cap membership at about 35 members. Once we hit the maximum, a new lodge should be formed.
- We will demand ritual excellence.
- We will not elect officers based on a "progressive line". Brothers will be elected based on their abilities and may repeat several terms in the same chair.
- We will actively participate in community service. This lodge will not simply write a check. The mason's place is in the world, not separate from it.
The list of petitioning Brothers are as follows:
- Bro. L. Scott Brand
- M:.W:. Bro. Charles A Buck Jr.
- R:.W:. Bro. Bradley K Cooney
- W:. Bro. Paul L Chello
- R:.W:. Bro. Theodore J Doolittle
- W:. Bro. Martin Ede
- R:.W:. Bro. Kenneth I Greenhill
- M:.W:. Bro. Alfred J Lobo
- Bro. Kristian Maiorino
- W:. Bro. Randy S Stevens
- R:.W:. Bro. Charles H Tirrell
- W:. Bro. James A Tirrell
- Bro. Howard D Turner
- W:. Bro. Jordan T Yelinek
The date of our first meeting has not yet been set and will be publicized once it is. We are currently working on a lodge web site that will have more details.
For more information about Quinta Essentia Lodge U.D., email Charles Tirrell (chtirrell at gmail dot com)